NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course Overview:
***PLEASE READ ALL THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE ATTENDING***
This is the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting INSTRUCTOR-LED ONLY Course hosted by Peach State Armory, LLC. This is not the BLENDED LEARNING or DISTANCE LEARNING version of the course.
This course is available to only law-abiding citizens of the United States of America. A valid driver’s License (from any State in the U.S.), concealed carry permit or a current passport is required to take this course.
***NO LIVE AMMO IN THE CLASSROOM!!!***
**Pregnant women are not allowed to attend this course unless a written authorization is provided from a Medical Doctor.
**Children 12 years of age or older are welcome if they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If you plan on bringing a child, please notify us at the time of registration. Everyone wishing to receive a certificate of completion must register and pay the registration fees individually.
This course will cover the following topics:
- The different types of pistols and their actions
- Rules for safe gun handling
- The different types of ammunition and its components
- How to identify and address pistol malfunctions
- The fundamentals of pistol shooting
- Shooting Positions
- How to determine your dominant eye
- Choosing the right pistol for you and your lifestyle
- How to clean and store your pistol
- Recreational shooting activities
There is a minimum (non-refundable) deposit of $75.00 due at time of registration that will be applied to the total $175.00 cost of your course. If you have paid the deposit and are unable to attend the course, your deposit will be applied to your next registration. The remaining balance must be paid prior to attending the course. The deposit allows us to order your course materials from the NRA to include your Basics of Pistol Shooting Handbook, final examination, targets for qualifying, and other NRA materials. The other reason for the deposit is to act as a placeholder in the course you are registering for because classes fill up quickly with a maximum of 6 seats.
Also covered in the course cost are your course materials, range time, eye protection, ear protection, up to 100 rounds of .22LR ammunition and a care package from PSA to you as a thank you for learning with us!
Light refreshments will be available during the classroom portion of the course. There are no food or drinks allowed on the range.
Courses are limited to 3 students per instructor so that we may give you the amount of individual attention necessary to meet the learning objectives. Not only will you know how to use a gun at the end of the course, you will have an NRA Certificate depicting that as well. You will be able to safely handle, clean and store your gun.
***NO LIVE AMMO IN THE CLASSROOM!!!***
This course will take approximately 8 hours to complete. There is roughly 4-6 hours of instruction in the classroom, with short breaks every hour. We spend the remainder of the period on the range, followed by a cleaning session at the very end of the course if time permits.
This course as it is advertised covers both semi-automatic pistols and revolvers (single-action and double-action) however there are specialized courses available if you want to choose only one type of action (semi-automatic, double-action revolver, single-action revolver). If this interests you, let us know; the deposit remains the same no matter which one you choose.
Upcoming Course Registration Links
NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting
- 04-15-2022– 12PM-8PM – https://nrainstructors.org/CourseDetails.aspx?Courseid=616618&seats=4&State=n&zip=30331&radius=25.1&id=56&bsa=&youth=&women=
- 05-06-2022 – 12PM-8PM – https://nrainstructors.org/CourseDetails.aspx?Courseid=701869&seats=4&State=n&zip=30331&radius=25.1&id=56&bsa=&youth=&women=
- 06-03-2022 – 12PM-8PM – https://nrainstructors.org/CourseDetails.aspx?Courseid=717434&seats=4&State=n&zip=30331&radius=25.1&id=56&bsa=&youth=&women=