Let us start this post off by saying we could talk about this topic until we are blue in the face!!! This is most definitely one of those posts for a last resort fight. Things of this nature should only be engaged in if there is NO OTHER OPTION.
*****REMEMBER GUYS….THE ONLY GUN FIGHT THAT WE ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN IS THE ONE THAT WE ARE NOT IN*****
We will never know the time and place of a bad guy’s attack attempt. It is imperative that we understand that the S can HTF at any time, even when we are in or around our car. Yes you may have just gotten this brand new car, but the bad guys’ bullets don’t know that!! Using your car as cover, strategically, may very well be the thing that keeps you around after a defensive situation. We will give you 5 of some of the most important tips that we believe will help you if you have to use that new Chevy as a life-saver.
- AVOID THE SITUATION WITH ALL POSSIBILITIES…..but if worse comes to worst, use your vehicle as a weapon.
- Once the car is in park, you have disengaged your seat belt, and exited the vehicle, using the frame of the door, and area where the hinges are as concealment is a good strategy. Also, if you have to fight quickly, using the wheel and brake assembly area is a good source of cover.
- Try to put as much of the car between you and the bad guy. Try your best to get to a point where you are behind most of the car (reason being that there are very few places on a vehicle that are bullet-proof!)
- Pay attention to your muzzle…most importantly as it relates to your sights. This will help you in not shooting your own car!!!
- AVOID THE SITUATION WITH ALL POSSIBILITIES
We cannot stress enough the importance of using these types of strategies as a LAST RESORT OPTION ONLY. If at all possible a vehicle should be used as a way of removing yourself from defensive situations, but if you are left with no other choices, rely on your training and stay aware.
*** If you are unfamiliar with firearms and/or their accessories, and want to learn more, PSA strongly suggests that you find, enroll, and attend a comprehensive and reputable firearms safety course. Firearms safety is all of OUR responsibility.
We want to thank you for taking out the time to stop by our lane at the shooting range!! We hope that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you stop back by early and often to catch up on all PSA updates! We truly hope that we were able to hit the target, and if you ever have any questions please don’t hesitate to shoot them our way!! We look forward to shooting the breeze with you soon again!!
And as always….remember to watch your six and stay low!!!